Our client, a boutique Accounting, Tax, and Payroll services firm in Southeast Wisconsin is actively recruiting for an Accounting Representative to join their team.
Serving manufacturing, service, and non-profits clients, the Accounting Representative will support the accounting, general ledger, financial statement reporting, some tax applications and payroll functions and provide general leadership to the internal team.
Other responsibilities will include improving systems, directing staff, maintaining strong customer relationships, resolving customer complaints, and assisting the owner run the company.
Degree is preferred, payroll certification very helpful.
Great culture, great history of steady growth.
The Accounting Representative is more complex than that of a regular bookkeeper and carries more responsibility. This role oversees all of the accounting duties for the accounting customers in the firm, including but not limited to payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliations, budgeting and the preparation of financial statements. The role reports directly to the owner of the company and often works with outside customers to prepare financial statements while guiding the tax department on completion of tax returns at the end of the year.
They code and enter vendor and expense invoices, run checks, bill customers and clients, and prepare bank deposits, ensuring that the correct general ledger accounts are debited or credited accordingly. They process employee timesheets, run payroll checks and prepare monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns.
The balance sheet and income statement are financial statements typically prepared by the accounting representative at the end of each month. With the reports will be a “Write-Up” of the monthly activity that the firm has seen. All are submitted to business leaders/owners to verify accuracy to apprise them of the financial health of the company. The Accounting Representative may also run a cash-flow statement and a statement of owner’s equity, depending on the needs and structure of the company. Owners or management may request periodic reports from the Accounting Representative, such as job-cost reports or sales reports.
- Establishes and enforces proper accounting methods, policies, and principals in the firm, oversees the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Monitors and analyses accounting data to produce financial reporting and facilitate the supporting “write-up’ for each period-end reporting.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiates corrective actions.
- Analyzes and reviews team members documents.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Provides details to customers concerning appropriate company products and services.
- Oversees completion of all related payroll tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Monitors on-site customer volume and advises manager when additional help is required.
- Resolves customer complaints or refers situations to manager (as appropriate) for resolution.
- Helps the office achieve and exceed established goals. Performs other duties as required.
- Significant experience in lieu of formal education OR AAS/BS
- Proven working experience as Accounting Representative.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to utilize Excel and create for tables with formulas, pivot points, etc..
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, a must.
- Works well with others and be detail oriented.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.