Architectural Metal Fabricator Lead or Supervisor
PointOne Recruiting is currently working with a custom architectural interior manufacturer who is seeking a couple of very unique positions to fill. Current leadership is leveraging their previous success and will broaden their business scope of work to include significant outdoor contemporary art structures. We are searching for an Architectural Metal Fabricator Lead OR Supervisor, depending upon experience.
Ideally this person will have traditional trade schooling and industrial fabrication (metal) shop experience. A breadth of sophisticated architectural metal fabrication is preferred. *Supervising experience of a metal shop team is also highly desirable.
- Accurate and consistent utilization of TIG and MIG, Oxy-acetylene torch, CNC press brake, cold saws, band saws, and abrasives
- Competency working with a diverse set of metal “forming” mediums (ie. steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, and other various thin gauge metals.
- Able to read project blueprints and shop drawing to determine fabrication scope of work and strategies
- Apply above techniques to materials to accurately fabricate components in a timely manner
- Work necessary hours to hold to critical path production schedules that is determined by production leadership
- Adherence to company policy, safety, SOPs and direction from management
- Proactively seeks continuous improvement and professional development
- Supervising/managing a team of 10 metal fabricators*
We are seeking someone with:
- 5-7 years of relevant industry experience
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program, previous experience, or a three-year, in-company on-the-job training program required.
- Department relevant certification preferred.
- OHSA 40 SST preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- Up to $90,000 base, DOE
- Health, dental & vision insurance. LTD & STD, life insurance, 401K and PTO (up to 3 weeks)
- Relocation assistance available for out of town applicants
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org