Architectural Millwork Project Manager
PointOne Recruiting has recently partnered with a premiere commercial custom architectural millwork company located in southern California in pursuit of a Project Manager to add to their team. They are a company on the edge of technology, creative projects, a growing company focused on high end projects with respectable contractors and clients. The project management team is lead by an accomplished industry insider who understands the demands of each department role because they have worked in all of them. They are focused on team and company development that is inclusive, driven, and embraces a brand that will bring clients back time and time again.
The ideal project manager candidate will possess:
- Ability to interface successfully with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
- Has a clear understanding of the General Contractor and Sub-Contractor relationship.
- Is confident, proactive, drven, focused on building a brand
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and written specifications.
- Familiar with FSC, LEED, W.I.C. and AWI Woodworking Standards.
- Familiar with types of finishes and materials used within the Architectural Woodworking Industry.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with field personnel.
- Able to prioritize and schedule appointments to maximize efficiency when traveling.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word. Working knowledge of MS Access and MS Project helpful but not required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensures salespeople provide proper documentation for all orders.
- Oversees the submittal and shop drawing process.
- Ensures all required elevations, details and measurements are complete prior to sending out for approval.
- Acquires all signed approvals – Ensures customer is clear as to what their scope of work includes. Develops a coordination checklist to assist customers in managing trades that interface with our products.
- Informs salesperson in writing of any cost impact when changes occur.
- Accurate field measuring and/or making templates when required.
- Responsible for releasing into shop upon obtaining all necessary approvals.
- Tracks all orders on schedule from date received to installation completion date.
- Verifies lead times with Production Manager and Purchasing Manager.
- Communicates in writing to customer schedule impact on any approval delays.
- Either assigns an in-house labor crew or sub-contract with an outside installation company within the budget guidelines.
- Coordinates deliveries with shipping.
- Runs a monthly job cost on all active projects and reviews with General Manager.
- Coordinates approvals of custom products outside of established parameters.
- Visits production facility in Tijuana on a bi-monthly basis
Compensation & Benefits
Salary (DOE) $100 to $110K, medical/dental/eye insurance, PTO, paid holidays and expense account