Assistant General Manager
Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is responsible to ensure their departments are fully focused and effective in their role as a key link between our customer, striving to optimize business and material flow within the defined cost standards.
- Promote company culture and ensure discipline to all company policies and procedures
- Responsible and accountable to lead, manage, support, and provide direction to all staff within the operation/department through effective goals/objectives setting, performance monitoring and reviews, communication, and the execution of on-the-job training and development plans.
- Ensures a robust operational/department structure by maintaining effective staffing levels and creating succession plans and related employee development plans to support current and future needs.
- Develops and executes an annual strategic plan for the Operation/Department supporting company performance objectives and industry/field related benchmarking and trends.
- Collects, measures and monitors data related to the overall effectiveness of the Operation/Department; benchmarking and analyzing these trends to establish action plans for continuous improvement in Quality Operating Systems (QOS process).
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures, as needed to support changing business demands.
- Facilitates and promotes a work environment based on fairness and concern for people, in accordance with the principles setup within the company
- Accountable for Operational/Department budget preparation, approval and attainment.
- Facilitates key employee committee meetings, driving Continuous Improvement in the respected areas.
- Takes a leadership role in the flawless launch execution of product into the specified operation.
- Ensures confidentiality of all proprietary and human resources related information.
- Involvement in the accident/incident investigation program, determine root causes, correct actions and following-up to ensure completion.
- Seeks out and corrects unsafe acts or conditions, ensuring all health and safety policies are followed.
- Conducts planned workplace inspections, as scheduled by the Environmental, Health and Safety Department.
- IATF management representative (as applicable).
- Completion of community college diploma/certificate.
- Previous work-related manufacturing experience in the automotive industry.
- Familiar with Die Casting, metal fabricating, assembly processes and related tooling.
- Must be business oriented and have good understanding of business practices in the automotive industry.
- Proficiency in related computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)