Assistant Quality Control Manager
- Job Identification
- The Assistant Quality Control Manager position reports to the Director of Technical Services and must have effective communication skills with the ability to interact in a positive way with customers, vendors and other employees. Have the ability to attend company and customer meetings at various locations. Be able to work extended hours, as required. Understand customer service and delivery procedures. With a strong work ethic and a wiliness to learn, as follows;
- Essential Job Functions
- Maintain requirements for DOT, ASTM compliance for all plant locations.
- Assist in the training and education of sales representatives, drivers and operations employees to ensure quality concrete standards are met.
- Communicate with general contractors and customers to ensure quality concrete standards are met.
- Oversee the implementation of proper quality control practices at all plants locations.
- Determine schedules and assignments for quality control department employees based on priority and necessity.
- Develop and manage a database of test results for all materials, strength results and products related to the management of quality concrete.
- Participate in local chapters of ACI and other associations that are related to quality assurance in the ready-mix concrete industry.
- Meet with vendors and DOT personnel related to materials used in ready-mix concrete on a regular basis.
- Attend jobsite meetings when required by an issue related to quality control.
- Delegate or participate in jobsite supervision.
- Meet with General Managers and Sale Director on regular basis to discuss materials, processes and items related to the assurance of quality ready-mix concrete.
- Job Requirements
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have College Degree or more.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point, concrete mix design software, e-mail functionality and internet knowledge.
- Must have or be able to pass Level 1 ACI Field Testing Technician Certification.
- Must have or be able to pass GDOT Technician certification.
- Must have or be able to pass ACI Lab Certification.
- Must be able to perform simple math and statistical/materials research math formulas.
- Must be able to understand and apply current ACI and ASTM standards to ready-mix concrete issues.
- To pursue the continuing education on ready-mix concrete innovation, through class time, seminars, certifications, and other accredited ready-mix concrete courses.
- Have the ability to speak effectively before customers, employees and other groups on behalf of quality control knowledge in the ready-mix industry.
- Must have and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Federal Department of Transportation drug/alcohol screening and physical.
- Must maintain driving record in accordance with Federal and State Motor Carrier regulations and company policy.
- Must be able to deal with management, co-workers, and customers in a diplomatic, manner in varied stressful situations.
- Must be able to operate vehicle and perform tasks in a safe manner and observe all safety requirements and policies.
- Physical Demands
- While in the office environment this position requires the ability to sit for a substantial amount of time.
- While in the office environment this position requires occasional walking to office equipment or co-workers office space.
- While in the field this position requires the ability to walk on various terrain conditions.
- While in the field this position requires the ability to climb a ladder on the front of a ready mix concrete delivery truck, approximately 13 feet high, to observe mix consistency or add special products.
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 100 pounds. (Storage boxes, calcium, color dye)
- Must be willing and able to type on desktop computer keyboard.
- Environmental Conditions
Weather conditions such as temperature, moisture and other conditions can have a significant impact on the job. Therefore, the position must tolerate, with or without accommodations potential extreme weather conditions.
Jobsites vary greatly due to the weather and jobsite conditions. The jobsite is usually rough, muddy or icy and person should be able to prepare accordingly.
There are high noise levels and significant vibration associated with this position; this could be in the areas of our plant locations, jobsites, and other areas within the Quality Control scope.
There is also potential exposure to cement, lime, concrete admixtures, dust, diesel fuel, and other substances which may be toxic, cause burns or be explosive.