Are you highly motivated, organized, and enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Do you enjoy working in a team atmosphere? If you would like to grow your career and be part of a successful team, then you could be what our client, a leader in their industry, is looking for in their next Automation Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company that offers a competitive compensation package. If this is for you or someone you know, please forward a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manage machine upgrades and process optimization for all existing and future automation within the plant
- Prepare and maintain documentation relating to automation and job safety analysis
- Promote and ensure compliance with all safety and quality standards
- Provide direction and train maintenance personnel in corrective maintenance and installation of electronic equipment.
- Manage interface between the internal and customer requirements to agree on specifications and timing
- Create work instructions, parts lists, and troubleshooting guide for designed equipment and coordinate training of all required personnel on designed equipment operation.
- Establish protocols and be responsible for system access, backups, and data recovery.
- Act as the company representative to ensure that all newly purchased machines have all necessary software, licenses, and back-up programs.
- Contact vendor to resolve problems related to controls issues.
- Attend production briefs when needed.
- Prior Controls or Automation Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience within the plastics or rubber industry preferred
- Programming ability in visual basic, PLC ladder logic, robots, servos, and vision systems