Business Development Manager
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT professional will be reporting directly to the President but also develop a joint venture with the estimating department in generating opportunities. The ideal candidates does not require millwork industry experience but general construction or other subcontractor business development or sales experience. The role will be responsible for developing the strategy of the role along with the collaboration of the President and will be ultimately responsible for the execution of the role.
- Implement sales and marketing strategies to best capture business for Architectural Millwork and Casework product sales to capture untapped market
- Develop new business objectives, effectively communicate strategies with team and manage the effectiveness of those objectives in line with Company goals
- Determine, define, and execute strategy going to market with the Company’s products
- Communicate value proposition to customers and reevaluate solutions where necessary
- Develop business and customer relationship and lasting partnerships with architects, contractors and developers
- Deliver high quality customer experience
- Meets or exceeds millwork business operational profit, customer experience targets and growth levels
- Collaborate with the estimating and project management functions to successful completion of the project
- Participates in relevant trade shows
- Establishes and develops vendor partnerships that allow us to grow in new markets and maintain an unwavering supply of raw materials and other products
- Participate in company Sales Meetings and other related events; addressing the internal and external sales and design people, customers, clients and vendors.
- Establishes a rapport with our other divisions and their leaders fostering cross selling between divisions
- Experience with measurable success in business development within the construction industry.
- Knowledge of architectural products portfolio and how they integrate into the construction process.
- Excellent PC skills: High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills.
- Must be a “hands-on” business development professional who is directly involved with customers and developing winning proposals.
- Ability to read and decipher Architectural “Blue” Prints
- An understanding of Construction Divisions and set asides
- High ethical standards. Ability to creatively problem solve and exercise good business judgment.
- Proven ability, demonstrating innovation, flexibility and best-in-class attributes.
- Self motivated, consistently displays initiative
- Prioritizes and manages multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Fluency and expertise in negotiation – understanding company service and product economics.
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting, strategizing, and achieving market and sales objectives.
- Prioritizes workflow in a multi-task environment.
- Highly detail oriented with solid organizational and administrative abilities.
- Professional in appearance and in all oral and written expressions.
- Ability to effectively conduct business with all levels in the organization.
Significant Travel to client locations within the Pittsburgh an Philadelphia areas expected for this position
This company offers a great health insurance package (100% paid health insurance premiums), PTO, and 401K with a company match. A base salary range of $90,000 to $110,000 plus bonus along with a collaborative, fun, high achieving, diverse and team-oriented office staff.