Supply Chain Buyer
Our client is looking for a talented and organized person to fill a need for a Buyer to support their growing manufacturing business. This is a new position and is an excellent opportunity to join the client’s team. The candidate will be expected to help the client continue to develop and improve buying and planning processes.
The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of a wide variety of, materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the business. The Buyer prepares detailed requests for quotations for supplies, services, equipment, and materials. The Buyer identifies varied sources of commodities and services, evaluates bids and purchase orders, develops standards for new products or services, and maintains contacts with suppliers to identify the most current availability, quality and pricing. The Buyer expedites the ordering and delivery process for commodities or services. The buyer assists in the resolution to invoice discrepancies. The Buyer is responsible for project management while identifying and improving cost down initiatives. The Buyer will form an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of operational objectives. With a strong background in purchasing and supply chain, the candidate will take a proactive approach managing the replenishment of supplies, services, and material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute standard purchasing processes through MRP evaluation, PO creation, maintenance, acknowledgements, and expediting.
- Support direction and strategies regarding department improvement initiatives, inventory management, supplier performance, and purchasing activities
- Maintain system data integrity and measure performance on related key indicators (examples: past due purchase orders, open PO acknowledgements, PO expedites, non-conforming material return, and supplier invoice resolution).
- Perform administrative tasks and updates associated with supplier records, nonconformance, item master data.
- Work closely with the accounting department to resolve problems with invoices and set up accounts with new suppliers.
- Identify and recommend process changes to improve workflow efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and assist with resolving issues that delay material deliveries.
- Process Engineering Change Notices (ECN) with suppliers and internal customers.
- Communicate with representatives in other departments of the company for supply orders, keeping those employees up to date on the status of orders that have already been placed.
- Direct material reviews and facilitate the material return process with suppliers.
- Manage supplier quality expectations and identify suppliers needing corrective actions. Manage suppliers through the SCAR process to recover on delivery, material, or service expectations.
- Participate in project work to identify, document, and lead cost down initiative projects yearly.
- Participate in projects to identify, vet, and qualify suppliers that support the supply chain strategies.