Responsibilities include the review and planning of upcoming production, purchasing of materials and components to achieve timely shipment of the company’s products, and profit performance objectives for the company. This position requires an individual to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be personable, detail oriented, highly organized, solid follow through skills and unquestionable integrity. Must have high energy level and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Creation of new part numbers in MRP system.
- Creating work orders for production to meet delivery date on incoming purchase orders.
- Quoting/ negotiating pricing, along with purchasing of material and components for upcoming jobs.
- Receive PO’s into the system.
- Issue material to respective jobs.
- Assisting accounting with costing of jobs.
- Preparing product in system for invoicing process.
- Communicating any delays of outsourced labor or materials and the impact to the overall delivery date.
- Also, any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience Purchasing and/or Planning experience in a manufacturing setting
- MRP system experience
- Excel and Word knowledge
- Blueprint reading skills