Supply Chain Buyer/ Planner
Our client is looking for a talented and organized person to fill a need for a Buyer/Planner to support their growing manufacturing business. This is a new position and is an excellent opportunity to join the client’s team. The candidate will be expected to help the client continue to develop and improve buying and planning processes.
The Buyer/Planner conducts transactions for the procurement of manufacturing materials, tools, supplies, and services in accordance with approved requisitions and procedures.
In this position, the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Interacting with subcontractors to purchase raw material, hardware, outside services (heat treat, plating, grinding…), and fabricated and machined components
- Placing material and service purchase orders and internal manufacturing orders to meet production requirements. Expedite as needed.
- Identifying alternate sourcing if needed, based on quality, price, and delivery, contacting potential suppliers and negotiating quotes on most favorable terms, and investigating suppliers’ capabilities to furnish materials, finished parts, or services.
- Maintaining open purchase orders to keep planning systems updated with the necessary information such as critical dates
- Using technical drawings and discussing technical requirements with vendors such as dimensions, tolerances, finishes, and other aspects of manufacturing.
- Performing follow-up work on orders to ensure vendor compliance with terms of purchase, especially delivery dates and quantity/quality; resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Participating in Cost Reduction Projects
- Working closely with QC and Supplier Quality to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services to determine the source of trouble and taking corrective action to minimize the impact on production.
- Communicating consistently with Purchasing and Production Leads
- Participating in Daily or Weekly meetings with Purchasing and Production for the purposes of schedule adherence
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of the departmental processes