Chief Financial Officer – Construction
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, and institutional financing. The CFO, with the CEO, will report monthly financial results to the companies Board of Directors.
Responsibilities of the CFO include:
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive purchasing and inventory control system.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Responsible for relations with independent auditors and audit activities.
Skills/Qualifications of the CFO include:
· BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
· 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in construction industry, real estate development, and/or property management.
· Experience working with Viewpoint accounting systems (Spectrum or Vista) is a plus.