Commercial Electrical Foreman
PointOne Recruiting has partnered with a 30+ reputable and established electrical non-union contactor in pursuit of a Commercial Electrical Foreman for their commercial division. Company is located in Kansas City, MO and projects are within a 60 mile radius of the shop.
The Commercial Electrical Foreman is responsible for leading an electrical crew on commercial (tenant improvement) construction sites. Their primary role is to ensure planning, laying out, installing, and wiring electrical components are completed, as per project drawings, specifications and in accordance with applicable electrical codes. This position will oversee the work and job performance on sites and will ensure ongoing attention to work-site safety, standards, and legislation are met. A key component of this position will be troubleshooting and providing exceptional service to all of our customers.
The role requires an individual who shares our company values, who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and is excited to help us tackle challenges to succeed in our business.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a crew of 3 to 25 Journeymen and Apprentices, depends on project scope & size
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of electrical equipment installations;
- Organizes and coordinates all of the project materials & equipment
- Reads & interprets specifications, contract documents, and plans
- analyzes and quickly resolves any work problems that may arise and esures sthat all deficiencies on any given project are corrected in a timely manner.
- Arrange and coordinate safety meetings;
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to crew members;
- Be the point of contact with the general contractor’s site superintendent;
- Supervise and train apprentices on the job, as required;
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements and also through reporting violations of policies, procedures and guidelines to immediate supervisor;
- Controlling inventory on truck, job-site, and in/out of stock (for active jobs);
- Organize and maintain material lists for your crew;
- Gathering required material;
- Responsible for maintaining company tools;
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean;
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects;
- Respond to emergency calls as needed;
Required Education & Certifications:
- Licensed Journeyman electrician;
- First Aid Standard Level;
- Has a clean understanding of the latest edition of th eNEC
- Class 5 drivers license and a clean driver abstract.
Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in a commercial setting as a Journeyman Electrician carrying out electrical tasks associated with installations and maintenance in commercial settings;
- Provides high quality work in alliance with the vision and mission of the company
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical equipment and systems;
- Experience planning and carrying out electrical construction tasks in a team environment;
- Experience working with and maintaining various fire alarm systems;
- Experience performing work on power distribution systems;
- Experience interpreting blueprints and specifications;
- Experience completing underground electrical work;
- Proven track record of leading by example and providing exceptional guidance to crew;
- Ability to form material lists;
- Candidates must be comfortable working at heights;
- Good troubleshooting skills, repair abilities and installation skills;
- Able to work in high pressure, time sensitive conditions;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong communications skills and customer service orientation;
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude;
- Ability to supervise others’ work and coach for performance.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with compensation requirements.