Commercial Roofing Construction Manager
The Roofing Construction Manager manages field personnel and oversees safety, production, subcontractors, material, and quality control of all projects, while continuing to reinforce professional solutions on time, on budget.
- Review estimator proposals for accuracy
- Review Construction drawings for constructability, planning and forecasting.
- Monitor jobs daily
- Oversee construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s)
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to
- Maintain official project log and documentation files including daily reports, equipment utilizations reports, photograph logs.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Organize job schedules
- Purchasing and Tracking of materials as needed for continuous operation of project.
- Order on site testing from engineering services per project demands.
- Schedule meetings with clients and subcontractors
- Recruit qualified employees for company and forecast labor needs to operations managers at least two weeks in advance.
- Ensure timesheets are filled out daily and correctly
- Work with crews to maintain and improve moral
- Schedule and complete employee evaluations yearly
- Work with crews and property managers/consultants/condo boards to complete and turn in bonus paperwork
- Enforce company policies and standards
- Meet with foreman for crew selection and set production goals before job start
- Manage construction schedule for projects and employees
- Monitor and secure material on jobs daily
- Monitor production on all jobs to ensure budgets are met (or beat) daily
- Meet with other trades to ensure job flow daily
- Monitor quality through field inspections/customer feedback.
- Oversee that rough and final inspections are called in and pass
- Manage subcontractors for safety, QA/QC and production goals in line with ARI Schedules.
- Order material for daily material needs
- Negotiate and purchase large orders
- Secure long lead time items to ensure delivery so job and workflow are not interrupted
- Schedule and coordinate deliveries and cranes for large jobs
- Ensure all materials on jobs daily
- Ensure all crews have equipment necessary to complete jobs daily
- Schedule and coordinate cranes and material deliveries