Commercial Roofing Safety Coordinator
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Attend jobsite walkthroughs as safety representative.
- Monitor and enforce safety and safety related requirements at the corporate office and accompanying yard/warehouse.
- Complete site-specific safety plans, job hazard analysis, and pre-task plans.
- Inspect job sites for compliance; coordinate and manage OSHA reporting requirements. Follow corrective actions to completion.
- Complete incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Complete asbestos, silica, scaffolding, fall protection and other inspections as required.
- Be responsible for new employee and yearly companywide Safety training.
- Investigate any safety or health-related complaints and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Maintain inventory of safety equipment. Complete required inspections based on manufacturer recommendations.
- Ensure Safety Data Sheets and all required documentation is onsite for all projects.
- Work with HR to schedule training, DOT physicals and other licensing requirements.
- Perform a multitude of other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- OSHA 10 Hour and 30 Hour preferred.
- Asbestos, Silica, Scaffolding, Lift Truck and Fall Protection qualifications preferred.
- 3-5 years roofing safety experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to use a smart phone and able to work with new applications.