Continuous Improvement / Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a 175 person non-union manufacturing plant in northcentral Iowa, is actively recruiting a full time, direct hire, experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer with lean manufacturing implementation experience. Their industry has become stronger due to proactive transformational new leaders and COVID created demand for its products. Plant employees recently voted this plant among the highest rated employee morale levels within the 14 plants within this market leading multi-billion dollar building products company. While great progress has been made, there is still much more to come. That starts with hiring more great people and developing them further.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Continuous Improvement Engineer / Lean Manufacturing Engineer is accountable for carrying out the directives of factory management and making necessary improvements and suggestions for meeting all Safety. Quality, Production and throughput goals of the company. The plant is staffed with great lean transformational leader and yet there is always more projects to complete. They truly are creating a lean culture – it is a great place to develop, improve, and use the lean toolbox and to understand how to engage with a long tenured workforce ready to change.
- Lean manufacturing implementation experience.
- Ability to engage, coach, and develop supervisory talent and employees.
- Previous manufacturing management experience.
- Wood products, building products, durable goods manufacturing experience helpful, but not required
- Kaizen implementation experience very beneficial.
- Minimally an internship or two involving the lean toolbox is required