Director of Sales
Director of Sales – Injection Molding Machinery
The Director of Sales will be mainly responsible for developing, managing, and controlling marketing and sales activities to achieve company revenue, margin, and market share goals. This role will require analysis of national, regional, and local markets, to develop cost effective strategies to ensure sales coverage to effectively service customers.
- Responsibility to hire, train, develop, and evaluate salespeople (Regional Sales Managers: RSM) ensuring proper documentation of performance, and career dialogues
- Responsibility to select and manage 3rd party sales representative companies to support the sales effort.
- Work with the General Manager and the overseas sales team to establish detailed annual sales and cost budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Develop cost effective advertising and promotional plans. The DOS will report on the effectiveness of completed advertising and promotional activities, and track leads received from such activities
- Submit sales and marketing reports on at least a quarterly basis that include sales activities, performance, market size, opportunities, challenges, and forward-looking guidance.
- Responsibility to develop sales presentations, and ensure that Regional Sales Managers, and the Sales Reps have current sales presentations and product literature to ensure a consistent and professional message to customers
- Pass lead information to relevant Regional Sales Manager and provide appropriate levels of support.
- Assist in the development of all quotes and take overall responsibility for the quotes which are sent to customers. Directly contact and visit customers with Regional Sales Manager or with the Sales Reps when high level involvement is required or as follow up activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop or assist in developing, reviewing, and updating sales policies and procedures
- Work with the finance team to ensure commissions are calculated correctly and paid in a timely way and work with the finance team and take responsibility to collect past due accounts receivable from slow paying customers
- 5+ years of Injection Molding machinery sales experience
- Prior experience in a Sales Management or similar Sales leadership capacity
- Sales focus on high integrity and long-term partnership with customers
- Be willing to travel 25-50%