As a Microvellum Draftsman & Engineer you will use software to convert designs into technical drawings and plans to be used by the production department. You will fill in technical details using drawings, rough sketches, specifications and calculations. This position can be REMOTE!
- Manage multiple projects while adhering to schedules and deadlines.
- Work with project management to review the project scope and establish parameters for detail levels, submittals, schedules, size, etc.
- Draft functional plans, elevations and details using AutoCAD, 3-D solid modeling and Microvellum software for Commercial millwork and casework.
- Plot, assemble and submit printed or digital drawing sets with all required documents.
- Research the materials needed and coordinate with purchasing.
- Perform all necessary software maintenance.
- Create and follow the completion check lists.
- Generate production-ready shop drawings, panel saw cutlists and G-codes for nested base CNC routers.
- Facilitate meetings with the project team as well as the client to keep them informed on changes.
- Clearly communicate all expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Help enforce standard policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- He or she must also be proficient in reading architectural drawings and have exceptional communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting and knowledge of Microvellum and AWI Quality Standards is a plus. Similar industry software experience will be considered
Employee Benefits (*Eligible after ONE MONTH)
- *Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/ADD
- *HRA, FSA, 401k with 4% company match
- *Employee Referral Bonus Program
- *Paid Time Off
- *8 Paid Holidays
- Salary range, (DOE) $65,000 to $80,000/year