Finishing Supervisor (Architectural Millwork)
PointOne Recruiting has partnered with a high-end architectural millwork fabricator, located in central Massachusetts, in search of a Finishing Supervisor to lead a department of 4. The ideal candidate will be someone who has demonstrated the ability and success to perform and supervise a finishing department within an architectural millwork shop. This role requires a high attention to detail, ability to manage work flow and sampling process, strong time management skills and ability to mentor and lead a team in finishing. The primary responsibility of this Finishing Supervisor is to manage work flow/scheduling and sampling process. Occasional spraying will be required when needed. This company offers a competitive base salary, great health insurance package, PTO, employee stock ownership AND a 401K. Hours of this role are Monday through Friday 6:30am to 4pm with occasional voluntary 4 hours of OT on Saturday.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Ability to match color and sheens of customer supplied samples
- Experience in interpreting shop drawings, work orders and provide consistent execution of matching actual products with approved samples
- Experience in using a variety of standard and non-standard finishes, techniques and equipment to perform the required results.
- Experience inspecting and preparing items for finish by use of both equipment and hand sanding when required.
- Supervisory experience of a finishing department within an architectural millwork shop
- Finishing technical expertise
- Impressive organizational skills
- Understanding of AWI standards
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment and comply with all finish department safety protocols
- Great base salary, based on experience and proficiency
- Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP)
- Health insurance
- Company sponsored relevant industry training/educational programs
- Relocation assistance available for out of town applicants
Relevant industry experienced professionals are encouraged to submit their resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com