Our client, a $450M industrial products company just built a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Production has started but the facility is not fully functional yet. That makes the site a playground for Industrial Engineers! So many projects have been identified!
- Work on a combination of various Industrial Engineering assignments and projects such as cost estimation, standards development, plant layout, capacity analysis, etc.
- Implement various projects and methods that support Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Assist in the solution of production problems, related to tooling, equipment, and processes as required.
- Participate in the investigation of safety problems, suggestions, equipment acquisitions, employee training, equipment installation, and rearrangement of production operations.
- Work with a minimum of supervision, schedule daily activities, and consult with supervisor for project assignments. Work with production, other engineers, and management to accomplish company goals
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Some processing experience with welding, plating, heat treat, and assembly.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications (English and Spanish).
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Five to ten years of Industrial Engineering experience in a manufacturing plant. Prior experience with product transfers or plant start-ups required.