Lead EHS Specialist
About our client:
Since the late 1960’s our client has built their organization globally with serving over 80 countries within the Aerospace, Automotive, Construction, Filtration, and Energy Industry.
They provide for their employees:
- Advancement opportunities to grow within your career.
- Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- Paid vacation, Sick Days.
- 401K match
Job Responsibilities for the Lead EHS Specialist:
- Ensure your plant is operating in compliance with all applicable health, environmental, and safety functions as coded for local, state, and federal regulations.
- Working with direct leadership of the training and emergency preparedness processes. And drive the plant toward OSHA VPP star site certification.
- Maintain and oversee incident investigations, root cause analysis and closure of corrective actions.
- Lead, maintain and preform plant’s ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and internal audits as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all permits and compliance requirements for Air, Water, Storm Water, Waste, Hazardous Waste, and disposal of solid waste.
- Preform PSM/VPP audits as needed.
Job Requirements for the Lead EHS Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree in health, safety, and environmental.
- 7+ years of experience in health, safety, and environmental.
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Certified.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulatory standards (OSHA, EPA, NFPPA)
- Demonstrated root-cause analysis and EHS assessment/audit skills.
- Experience with Air Permits.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations relating to air, water, solid waste and hazardous waste management.
- Preferred is CSP, CIH, CHMM certifications.