Are you self motivated, driven and diligent? Are you seeking an opportunity and company that will cultivate your work experience and help you continually learn and develop? If you have a background in architectural millwork manufacturing as an estimator and are seeking that next level of autonomy and success, look no further. PointOne Recruiting is partnered with an established and highly reputable residential architectural millwork company that has been featured in industry magazines such as Architectural Digest, Veranda and House Beautiful. We are actively recruiting a LEAD ESTIMATOR to be located at our clients Charlottesville, VA office.
Collaboration with engineers and shop floor and access to historical data will allow you to hone your estimates to match the reality of how we construct their work – their team will be there to help you as you learn and grow. A great spatial sense is something you must bring to the table – a capacity to apply that to architectural drawings is a critical part of the job. Excellent oral and written skills are non-negotiable and an ability to work in Excel, Word and other common office applications is assumed. Familiarity with our estimating software, ProjectPak, is a plus but they can teach you if you bring a complete ease and comfort with technology. A background in architectural millwork and/or construction would be of benefit.
- Review all proposal request documents and prepare estimating schedules and process
- Prepare accurate scope take-offs and costing
- Prepare and execute pricing proposals
- Track and update status of all proposals
- Assist project management teams with development of project work order scopes and values
- Build/nurture relationships with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Assist in developing/facilitating training programs for department personnel
- Review/analyze project data for use in developing accurate material, manufacturing, and install factors
- Assist Sales team with negotiations on contract scope
Knowledge and Skills:
- Through knowledge of architectural millwork
- 3-5 years of Estimating experience and knowledge of construction materials and methods a plus
- Engineering, drafting or production experience a plus
- Excellent math and computer skills
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft office suite other common office applications
- ProjectPak AND/OR Innergy experience a plus
- Self-starter with hands-on approach
- Strong interpersonal skills that facilitate team building
- Exceptional follow through on initiatives and commitments
- A strong desire to grow with the company and be a part of cohesive team
A competitive base salary with an array of insurance benefits and PTO are offered including relocation assistance for out of town applicants. Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.