Well established manufacturer located in the greater Aiken, SC area is looking for a Maintenance Manager to join their team
This position is responsible for leading the Maintenance team to perform to a level that meets and/or exceeds their internal and external customer expectations; maintain equipment and facilities in a production ready state and identify continuous improvement.
- Coordinates the overall maintenance activities through planning and communication with peers, team members, customers (internal and external), suppliers and technical staff.
- Develops and controls plans and budgets for the maintenance area. Responsible for implementing a cost-effective preventative maintenance program to maintain production equipment in an efficient, safe operating, manner. Follows through with daily checks for accuracy and progress.
- Coordinates with outside vendors on projects, repairs & maintenance.
- Schedules people, machines, materials, and support services to achieve maximum team efficiency in meeting production requirements.
- Ensures team members are trained to guarantee proper skill sets are developed and improved on daily. Completes performance evaluations and counseling session in a timely and constructive manner.
- Responsible for the safety, morale, and development of direct reports. Facilitates team meetings; translates Company objectives in EHS, 5-S, quality, and production into action plans. Interprets Company policies to team members, enforces safety regulations and follows up on off shifts as needed.
- Ordering supplies and spare parts. Maintains an adequate inventory of spare parts that are not readily accessible on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years related leadership experience and/or training
- Broad background in all areas of maintenance – industrial, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic preferred.
- Prior experience in Manufacturing along with a EHS background