Manager of Job Shop Operations
Our client is a 3rd generation machining job shop started about 75 years ago that specializes in turn-key precision machining and manufacturing services to meet challenging requirements. The client takes pride in providing personalized support for client’s individual needs and yet is sophisticated enough to handle even the most complex jobs. This small shop has experienced substantial and signficant sales growth over the last 5 years and ownership is preparing to meet skyrocketing demand. Be part of a great culture that is evolving quickly now.
The position is available due to an upcoming retirement. Given that significant leadership change, the company is prepared to hire a transformational leader to move the organization forward.
The Operations Manager at the client leads Manufacturing, Engineering and supporting functions to meet customer, employee and supplier expectations. The Operations Manager works with the President/Owner and team leaders to optimize resources and execute the operations plan to meet the strategic and financial goals developed by the leadership team.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the President/Owner and is directly responsible for Manufacturing and Engineering which includes the following functional area leaders:
- Manufacturing o Production Operations (Materials Management, Logistics, Planning, Scheduling)
- Quality, Continuous Improvement and Safety
- Develop and manage resources to support strategic objectives, align capabilities and meet operational and financial plan.
- Develop and drive to established key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manage Engineering and production tools and fixtures to meet current and future technical requirements.
- Lead Facility and Equipment Maintenance to ensure that all equipment is consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition and the facility is available for use.
- Oversee Quoting by working with Sales & Engineering to determine feasibility and ensure alignment with capabilities and strategic focus.
- Leverage ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, Continuous Improvement and Safety Initiative throughout the organization.
- Champion training and development of employees in a coaching model to meet current and future workforce needs.
- Conduct planning for high level capacity and production requirements, including strategic workforce planning.
- Develop plan for capital expenditures including automation to support strategy.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills, interest and experience in machine shop operations
- Strong people development and management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) or related software
- Experience in ISO 9001 quality management systems
- CAD/CAM and drawing reading skills
- Working knowledge of typical measuring devices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management or Technology suggested; also consider combination of other relevant education and experience such as apprenticeship, other
- Prefer at least 10 years of experience in a machine shop environment
- Combination of experience and education important for a well-rounded approach
- Seasoned leadership and change management experience
- Lean manufacturing / Continuous improvement experience.
If interested, please forward your resume to Steve@pointonerecruiting.com and let’s talk through it.