A growing manufacturer located in the Greater Detroit, MI area is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Develop the appropriate fixtures and work holdings for efficient and cost-effective manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing routings.
- Develops and maintains standardized work instructions.
- Coordinate continuous improvement efforts in support of current projects.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and develop solutions for issues on the production processes
- Coordinate with production personnel to ensure manufacturability, ease of assembly, and cost avoidance on new design and current products.
- Coordinate and Implement Engineering Change Notifications on the shop floor.
- Assist in layout deign, ergonomic analysis, and time studies to implement process improvements.
- Drive continuous improvements throughout the organization.
- Perform Cycle time / takt time analysis and line balancing exercises.
- Remove waste utilizing Lean principles.
- Previous Manufacturing Engineering Experience
- Experience working in Metals a Machining plant
- Strong Commitment to Lean Manufacturing and Design for Lean Principals Preferred
- 4 year Engineering related degree a plus
- Controls experience a plus
This is an excellent opportunity with a growing organization that offers a competitive compensation, benefit, and relocation package.
If interested, please forward a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org