Mortgage Underwriter – Position maybe Remote
Our client is a Community Bank that is looking to hire a Mortgage Underwriter.
- Underwrite and analyze conventional, portfolio, VA/FHA mortgage loans.
- Conduct the process to get the mortgage loan approved.
- Assist in the risk mitigation process through risk analysis and assessment skills.
- Review denied and withdrawn files to ensure accuracy of the reporting system.
- Recommend alternative structures to lenders when necessary.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the secondary market and the bank’s underwriting guidelines and requirements.
- Active involvement in the bank product offering to stay educated on all real estate product changes.
- Complete all necessary files and steps to successfully prepare for closing.
- Support underwriting in other regions as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years Mortgage underwriting experience
- Experience Underwriting conventional, portfolio, VA/FHA loans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- DE Certification is preferred
Location: Kenosha and Racine Counties, WI. Cook and McHenry Counties in IL