Multifamily Construction Superintendent
Multifamily Lead Superintendent Needed!!
Direct Hire / Full Benefits
The Lead Superintendent will be the company’s field representative responsible for overseeing the day-to-day coordination and management of new construction projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities – The Lead Superintendent will report to the Director of Field Operations and the Project Manager and will be responsible for providing field leadership direction for the project to which he/she is assigned. Specific duties shall include:
- Responsible for day-to-day on-site management of construction activates including maintaining the project progress schedule, coordinating work with internal resources and subcontractors, preparing material takeoffs, material management, reviewing subcontracts, reviewing estimates, evaluating change orders, and interfacing with customers.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, organizes & schedules activities to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
- Daily communications of all on site activities, issues, and progress to the Project Manager. Document daily construction activities via field reports which are to be completed and faxed/emailed to the Project Manager and Director of Field Operations by 9:00 am the following day and the weather log by Monday, 9:00am .
- Working with Project Manager to ensure projects costs, schedule and quality are maintained.
- Reviews the contract documents and ensures the project is in compliance.
- Conducts weekly project meetings to coordinate and communicate project status and ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
- Assist the Project Manager in the permitting process.
- Be responsible for maintaining and enforcing jobsite safety and security measures. This shall include weekly safety compliance inspections, conducting Safety and Environmental Orientations with subcontractors, conducting weekly safety and environmental talks at the production meetings and obtaining weekly safety meeting minutes from the subcontractors. Assist the Safety Director with the Job Hazard Analysis.
- Assist in shop drawing and submittal process.
- Review and approve subcontractor invoices and work with Project Manager to develop costing projections.
- Coordinates temporary facilities for the project.
- Primary problem solver and handles conflict resolution related to field activities. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining project records including all current plans, RFIs, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation in an organized fashion.
- Oversee and track the warranty service process during and after project completion.
- Actively share knowledge and lesson’s learned from project experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of field management experience with previous experience working with project management team through the successful completion of the projects is required.
- Exceptional ability to read, analyze and understand design documents, blueprints, and Microsoft Project Schedules.
- Experience organizing, directing, and leading all aspects of both building and site construction.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA requirements and be a safety-conscious individual.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Detail and deadline-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, organizations skills, and communication skills.