Multifamily Senior Project Manager
SR Project Manager Needed!! – Must have Multifamily construction experience
Come join a growing construction company looking for a solid and experienced Senior Project Manager.
This is a great opportunity to work with a company that is expanding to new markets and locations.
Purpose of the Job
The Senior Project Manager shall be the company’s Project Team Leader, responsible for the overall coordination and management of new multi-family construction projects throughout all phases of the development process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager shall report to the President of Construction and shall be responsible for providing overall leadership direction on multiple development projects.
Specific duties shall include:
• Assistance in feasibility, due diligence, and proforma development for construction projects.
• Management of pre-development and design teams, including the coordination of design preparation documents to ensure accuracy, quality, value, and compliance with standards and the budget.
• Direct responsibility for the permitting process.
• Lead the bidding, negotiation, and contract/subcontract award process for new construction.
• Manage all aspects of contracts (writing, change orders, invoices, and progress payments).
• Direct and manage the construction process.
• Maintain project budgets and costs.
• Attend and conduct weekly progress meetings to ensure the budget, schedule and quality expectations are achieved.
• Primary problem solver and handles conflict resolution on project. Initiate corrective action as warranted to achieve the project expectations and goals.
• Maintain project records including all current plans, specifications, submittals, construction change directives, change orders and closeout documentation.
• Actively share knowledge and lesson’s learned from project experience.
Employee will be responsible for directing and managing the pre-development teams, design teams and construction teams for multiple projects simultaneously. Employee shall possess the ability to mentor and coach project team members as appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equal experience required.
• Minimum of 7 years multi-family project management experience in successfully delivering projects.
• Knowledge of budgeting and reporting processes.
• Exceptional computer skills in Excel and Microsoft Project, good working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and other industry related project management and scheduling software.
• Detail and deadline oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Advanced problem solving skills, business skills, organizations skills, solid verbal & written communication skills, excellent relationship building skills, as well as strong leadership and team management skills.
• Solid understanding of project management tools & approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to successfully deliver projects.