This Product Engineer is an addition to the Advanced Engineering team. This individual will provide engineering and design support related with New Programs to internal and external customers.
- Communicate with external and internal engineering teams on part design, part specifications, engineering changes, CAE reports and functional requirements.
- Provide support to departments on issues pertaining to customer tooling, part specifications, and part function.
- Assist in program specific documentation maintenance (i. e. 2D prints, 3D models, specifications, etc.).
- Adhere to multiple project and customer timelines
- Support the core team through APQP (Advanced Part and Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process).
- Support technical review of existing products
- Create 3D models for technical reviews and CAE analysis support
- Execute and complete assigned cost reduction items
- 4-year technical degree; or 2-year technical degree and 2-3+ years’ experience
- Understanding of the die casting or machining industry preferred
- Experience within the Automotive Industry is preferred
- Basic operational knowledge of computer programs and various software, such as Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of customer’s drawings using GD&T and reviewing technical specifications
- Basic use of 3D CAD (SOLIDWORKS or NX Preferred)