Production Planning Supervisor-Off Shift
Well established growing manufacturer located in the greater Memphis, TN area is looking for a Off Shift Production Planner Supervisor to join their team.
This position is responsible for planning all production activity. This involves maintaining a thorough understanding of the entire product life cycle including internal and external processing. Maintains status of all parts within the system and adjusts as necessary due to both seen and unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to changes in customer orders, machine breakdowns and quality concerns. The production planner must be able to move swiftly from one task to another and stay on top of all activity in real time.
- Coordinate the creation and scheduling of shop orders to meet customer orders and minimum stocking requirements.
- Review customer orders daily, communicate changes, plan production activity accordingly with production management.
- Processes orders in compliance with established Customer Service Procedures and SOP requirements.
- Verify completed shop orders.
- Processes all new orders or changes including order cancellations via customer portals and EDI.
- Responsible for purchase order acceptance and customer certification documents.
- Responsible for coding late shipments and on time delivery reports.
- Monitor orders forecast, plan production requirements and review labor & asset needs with plant management teams. Assist in planning and implementation of changes as required.
- Production scheduling of secondary operations.
- Proactively interact with customers to relay feedback or inquiry with regards to order fluctuations, expected delivery, or other plant concerns.
- Participate in improvement projects.
- Must follow all safety rules and policies as set forth by OSHA guidelines and company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing plant
- Familiarity with Microsoft office applications specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Understanding of ERP applications
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills to direct work team.
- Excellent written, electronic, and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work 6pm-6am 2-2-3 rotating shift