Project Manager – Millwork
PointOne Recruiting has recently partnered with a 20-year, commercial custom architectural millwork company located in Jeannette, PA in pursuit of a PROJECT MANAGER to add to their team. Located 30 miles east of Pittsburgh, they are a custom cabinet shop offering estimating, design, project management, production and installation services. The 60,000 sq. ft. production facility has the capabilities to produce a wide variety of projects. In addition to the various types of wood, other materials include laminate, solid surface, granite, marble and some architectural metals.
The PROJECT MANAGER will report directly to the company president. Projects range in size from $50,000 to $650,000 and include tenant improvements, hotels, universities, health care and more and are all within a 10 mile radius of Pittsburgh, PA. Normal work week is (4) 10 hour days, Monday through Thursday.
The ideal project manager candidate will possess:
- Project management experience in architectural millwork industry
- Has a clear understanding of the General Contractor and Sub-Contractor relationship.
- Ability to interface successfully with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and written specifications.
- Familiar with AWI Woodworking Standards.
- Familiar with types of finishes and materials used within the Architectural Woodworking Industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word. Working knowledge of MS Access and MS Project helpful but not required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Oversees the submittal and shop drawing process.
- Ensures all required elevations, details and measurements are complete prior to sending out for approval.
- Acquires all signed approvals – Ensures customer is clear as to what their scope of work includes. Develops a coordination checklist to assist customers in managing trades that interface with our products.
- Accurate field measuring and/or making templates when required.
- Responsible for releasing into shop upon obtaining all necessary approvals.
- Tracks all orders on schedule from date received to installation completion date.
- Verifies lead times with Production Manager and Purchasing Manager.
- Communicates in writing to customer schedule impact on any approval delays.
- Either assigns an in-house labor crew or sub-contract with an outside installation company within the budget guidelines.
- Coordinates deliveries with shipping.
Salary range (DOE) $80,000 to $100,000 plus medical/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation.