Well established manufacturer located in the greater Baraboo, Wisconsin area is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team.
Responsible for ensuring the quality of parts produced meet all customer expectations. Take quick and effective actions when non-conformances are found. Maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and ensure documentation practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Provide support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and material related issues
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup
- Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of the customers
- Works with Quality Technicians to develop improved inspection procedures and standards.
- Monitors the manufacturing process through product and process audits, leads Quality Department activities related to scrap reduction
- Coordinates with suppliers and identifies areas for quality improvements, evaluate supplier qualification and performance measurement
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; other degrees and work experience considered.
- Previous experience in a quality engineering capacity
- Metals Industry experience required, machining environment preferred
- Experience with the development of product and process specific PFMEAs, Control Plans, Gage Instructions, and related Process Instructions