Provides technical quality leadership and support to operational areas, suppliers, engineering and customers, and focuses on the evaluation and troubleshooting of die cast, machined, and assembled parts.
- Support Manufacturing Operations with Quality problem resolution.
- Leads quality activities during process/product/supplier/new product development process.
- Participates in the customer problem solving process including APQP/QRQC meetings and completion of the CAR reports.
- Oversees the Quality and Chemistry labs.
Supervises Quality Reporting of Internal Quality metrics and employee training.
- Oversees Supplier quality issues and resolution.
- Conducts quality planning activities such as PFMEA, measurement systems, inspection & test plans, process controls, control plans, standard work development, and product and process qualification plans.
- Leads the documentation, disposition, root cause and corrective action activities for internal quality issues and customer complaints. Is the authority in 8D/Six-sigma problem solving practices. Analyze scrap and determine reason or root cause of problem. ISO/IATF Compliance and Finding resolution.
- Continuous Improvement, Safety, Environmental, assist design in the process of design for quality & manufacturing, maintains relationships within the product teams, functional areas, suppliers and customers to secure appropriate support and buy-in for success. Leads product testing validation to established processes and procedures. Recommends, implements and approves new products/processes for quality.
- Deploy and maintain the Quality Foundation and required ISO quality standards within operations and audit to help maintain compliance. Trains factory employees, as necessary, in quality practices and techniques.
- Works with suppliers to implement corrective actions, process/product changes and improve part/process capability.
- 5+ years of Quality Engineering experience within a manufacturing plant
- Must possess an Engineering acumen and have a strong understanding of GD&T
- Knowledge in AIAG Core Tools, statistical methods 8D problem solving and SPC
- Ability to work well with and interface with customers