The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for overseeing the Company’s quality system and guiding all employees to work towards company objectives and goals. This position deploys management systems for quality improvement (for example: quality policy, continuous improvement strategies, problem identification, analysis, reporting and corrective action systems) and carries out all individual duties and responsibilities in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IATF 16949.
- Manage all aspects of the Quality department.
- Establish the department goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the Quality requirements of the customers are met.
- Provide a supplier management system.
- Ability to compare budgets to actual expenditures and make financial projections.
- Ensure compliance with IATF/ISO quality standards.
- Create plans to reduce the cost of poor quality.
- Coordinate the development and preparation of quality documentation to support APQP, corrective actions, continuous improvement, and plant metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and in a Quality leadership role.
- Must have previous experience within an automotive manufacturing plant
- Ability to make decisions and respond promptly to customer requirements and issues.