Sheet Metal Superintendent
- schedule and manage all sheet metal installation crews.
- schedule and manage all sheet metal fabrication employees.
- travel to jobs daily to inspect installation.
- prepare job installation budgets for all jobs (fabrication & installation) and track all costs compared to actual budget.
- perform annual “employee reviews” for every sheet metal employee to provide in writing their strengths and weaknesses.
- work with all roofing and service superintendents on a daily basis to know what jobs are ready, and what jobs are upcoming that will need sheet metal fabricated and installed.
- attend jobsite meetings (as required)
- attend weekly scheduling meetings (Thursday @ 7:00 a.m.) to understand current & upcoming job schedules.
- assist others (in management) to create & manage a new process for fabrication requests and how these requests are kept in shop, and then stored electronically in data forma software system.
- understand and enforce the safety requirements for all sheet metal employees an what process will be utilized on every job!
- Keep hourly job list complete every day
- Verify Fab shop is working on current jobs needed
- Stay current on prices of metal compared to bid estimate
- Make sure metal is in house for fabrication
- Attend handoffs if available
- create job files with details and fastening requirements for crews
- ensure all crews are putting proper photos into dataforma