PointOne Recruiting has partnered with a residential millwork client located 40 miles southwest of Boston, MA in pursuit of a Shop Supervisor with a master carpentry background. A small shop, building custom moldings, doors, mantels, stair parts, and built-in cabinetry in the greater New England region. They truly are a great company with a long standing history and reputation for quality work that is seeking the next generation to lead the shop and continue building a high end quality product. This is a first shift, Monday through Friday position (hours are flexible, either 6am to 2:30 pm or 7 to 3:30pm)
Core responsibilities include:
- Review and prioritize custom work orders to meet customer’s demands
- Oversee and provide direction ensuring a high level of quality standards are met.
- Manufacturing of stair treads, starting steps, round top casings, mantels, cabinetry, and custom moldings
- Take an active role in production planning
- Handle woodworking equipment and tools proficiently and safely
- Provide leadership skills and with manufacturing knowledge of the best process, to manage the daily operations for the plant.
- Clarify conflicting, incomplete, or inaccurate information
- Assess the future workload and determine the resources needed as well as the schedule
- Work with department supervisors to coordinate restocking of depleted materials
- Enforce OSHA safety regulations as they pertain to shop situations
- Ensure that the shop is maintained and is a clean uncluttered workspace
- Maintain inventory levels for consumables (i.e. wood putty, biscuits, sand paper, etc.)
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly results to identify specific areas for improvement.
- Solicit quotes for equipment replacement and repair when necessary
Salary range is $70,000 to $75,000 (DOE) plus health insurance, 401K and vacation time.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org