Supplier Development Engineer
Our client, a rapidly Growing $70-73M manufacturing company in the Bremen, IN area, has a full time direct hire Supplier Development Engineer opening. This transformational position builds on past progress and focuses on supplier development.
The Supplier Development Engineer will problem solving, development, root cause, and corrective action while maintaining and growing rapport with suppliers. The role manages 20-30 supplies internationally in a high volume environment. In short, the Supplier Development Engineer will strategically align suppliers to meet the goals of the organization.
- Manage domestic and international supplier base
- Oversees the daily development of supplier base.
- Identify concerns with supplies and implement corrective actions
- Work cross functionally with engineering, operations, and supply chain
- Initiate supplier claims
- APQP and PPAP. Reform all PPAP activates and assembly
- Advanced ability to read blue prints and engineering drawings (GD&T)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Material Science, Metallurgical Engineering, or similar field.
- At least 3-7 years of supplier development experience within a complex fast paced manufacturing setting required.
- Proven automotive supplier CI experience required
- ASQ certification highly preferred.
- IATF16949 is preferred.
- Responsible for supplier PPAP submissions
- Utilization of quality tools to improve process and reduce cost and risk.
- Maintain auditing program for suppliers
- Develop a team of representatives to assess opportunity, plan, and analyze and mitigate risk
- Travel to suppliers to conduct audits domestically and internationally. 20-30%
- Track and champion supplier claims an develop score card.